We love these sweet potato fritters – they have just a handful of wholefood ingredients and they are so easy to whip up.
Simply grate some sweet potato, mix in an egg and coriander, then fry up in batches! These tasty fritters make the perfect weekend brunch dish.
Serve these fritters up for your mates or just cook a small batch if you’re flying solo. They look impressive, even though they are ready in no time at all.
We love these fritters topped with a big dollop of smashed avo, which is full of good healthy fats. Plus, sweet potato is a low-GI source of carbs, so it’s great to eat after a morning workout. Also, sweet potato is packed full of Vitamin A, which promotes healthy eyes and skin, and Vitamin C, which helps you maintain a healthy immune system.
These fritters are delicious paired with wilted greens or some scrambled eggs, too. You can also try them for lunch or a light dinner – so add them to your recipe repertoire ASAP! For another great brunch for dinner recipe, try our low-carb green shakshuka.
Sweet potato fritters
- 2 large sweet potatoes
- 1 egg
- 1 bunch coriander, roughly chopped
- Sea salt
- Black pepper
- 1 tbs coconut oil
- Avocado, to serve
- Lemon, to serve
- Grate the sweet potato in a large bowl. Add the egg and coriander, then season.
- Heat the coconut oil on medium heat on a fry pan. Add dollops of the mixture to the pan and use a spatula to flatten them into fritters.
- Cook them for 2-3 minutes on each side or until cooked through and golden. Remove from heat, then pop on a plate. Repeat until all the mixture is used up. Divide the fritters between plates.
- Smash the avocado in a small bowl and season to taste. Put a scoop of avo on each plate and squeeze some lemon over the top.
Find this recipe and more in our THR1VE cookbook! It’s packed with plenty of low-carb options for the healthy foodie.
Recipe development: Josh Sparks & Scott Gooding
Photochef: Scott Gooding
Photography, styling & design: Steph Sparks