We've found the perfect weeknight dinner recipe! This Chicken Puttanesca is healthy, delicious and has just 8g of carbs per serve. It's from the brand new book CSIRO Low-Carb Diet Quick & Easy.
CSIRO is Australia's national science agency, so this book also gives you the latest science behind the the low-carb diet and has really handy meal plans, shopping lists and more! Plus, there's over 100 new low-carb recipes to try.
This Chicken Puttanesca takes just 35 minutes to make, including prep and cook time - so it will be on your table in no time!
Serves 4 | Preparation: 20 Minutes | Cooking: 15 Minutes | Difficulty: Low
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 600g lean chicken breast strips, seasoned with pepper
- 1 x 410g tin rich and thick garlic and basil chopped tomatoes
- 60g sliced black olives
- 1 tablespoon drained, rinsed baby capers in brine
- Large pinch dried chilli flakes
- 1 cup small basil leaves
- 2 carrots, spiralised
- 2 x 250g packets fresh zucchini spaghetti
- Heat the oil in a large, deep non-stick frying pan over high heat. Add the chicken and cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes.
- Reduce the heat to medium. Add the tomatoes, olives, capers, chilli and 1⁄2 cup (125ml) water to the pan and simmer, stirring occasionally, for 10 minutes or until thickened. Stir in the basil.
- Divide the carrot and zucchini among serving bowls, spoon over the chicken mixture and serve.
Recipes extracted from The CSIRO Low-Carb Diet Quick & Easy by Professor Grant Brinkworth and Dr Pennie Taylor. Available now, Macmillan Australia, RRP $34.99.