Craving a café-style breakfast at home? We’ve taken some classic brekkie recipes and given them a healthy makeover! Our recipes are made from real food and free from the added sugars and toxic oils that you so often get when eating out. Plus, you can skip the big price tag, too!
For a low-carb brekkie
Serves 2 / Keto Friendly
This traditional Arabic dish has become a modern brunch staple! While it’s usually served in a rich tomato sauce, our version takes a green twist. Shakshuka means ‘a mixture’ in Arabic slang and our Green Shakshuka is certainly a mixture of all the good stuff! This low-carb dish is protein-rich and keto-friendly!
- 1 tbs coconut oil, ghee, butter
- 1 small brown onion, roughly chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, roughly chopped
- 1 small red chilli, deseeded and roughly chopped
- 4-6 cups of greens, roughly chopped (kale, collard greens, leeks, spinach)
- ½ cup bone broth (optional)
- 6 eggs (organic or biodynamic eggs)
- ½ bunch parsley, roughly chopped
- Sea salt
- Black pepper
- In a large fry pan, heat the fat on a medium heat. Add the onion, garlic and chilli. Saute for 2-3 minutes before adding the greens.
- Cook the greens for 60 secs before adding the bone broth (optional). Cook for a further 5 minutes or until the greens have softened.
- Make 6 small indentations in the veggies, then crack the eggs in. Don’t worry if the egg whites run throughout the veggies – this will help to bind the dish!
- Cook for several minutes or until the yolks are cooked to your liking. Top with parsley, season with salt and pepper, then serve from the pan.
For a gourmet brekkie
Sweet Potato Fritters
Serves 4 / Post Training
These fritters are your new breakfast MVP! Our version ditches the refined white flour from the traditional fritters and uses real, wholefoods instead. These gluten-free fritters are delicious topped with smashed avo and a squeeze of lemon.
- 2 large sweet potatoes
- 1 egg
- 1 bunch coriander, roughly chopped
- Sea salt
- Black pepper
- 1 tbs coconut oil
- Grate the sweet potato in a large bowl. Add the egg and coriander, then season.
- Heat the coconut oil on medium heat on a fry pan. Add dollops of the mixture to the pan and use a spatula to flatten them into fritters.
- Cook them for 2-3 minutes on each side or until cooked through and golden.
- Remove from heat, then serve.
For a fuss-free brekkie
THR1VE Power Pancakes
Serves 1 / Post Training
Don’t want to cook? THR1VE’s Power Pancakes are a hearty and healthy café-style breakfast that are ready in just 1 minute!
They’re no ordinary pancakes – they contain THR1VE protein powder for an extra hit of goodness. Plus, they come with a smooth coconut yoghurt and one of three fruit compotes: pineapple and lime, spiced apple or mixed berry! They’re the healthy version of a brunch classic.