This is the ultimate quick and easy recipe! There's just six ingredients and it's ready in only half an hour. It's the perfect pick when you want a delicious dinner after a busy day. Plus, it has only 8g of carbs per serve!
This recipe is from the new book CSIRO Low Carb Diet Quick & Easy. This is the third book in the CSIRO Low Carb series and offers over 100 new recipes that can be cooked in 20 minutes or less. It's great mealtime inspiration to have on hand.
Eggplant Steaks with Beef and Hummus
Serves 4 | Preparation: 15 Minutes | Cooking: 15 Minutes | Difficulty: Low
- 2 small (600g) eggplants, cut into 1 cm thick slices
- 600 g lean beef strips, seasoned with pepper
- 1⁄3 cup (80g) hummus
- 2 x 180 g packets mixed leaf baby leaves and beetroot
- 20 pitted kalamata olives
- lemon wedges, to serve
- Preheat a large chargrill pan over high heat. Add half the eggplant and cook for 2 minutes each side or until tender and golden. Transfer to a plate and repeat with the remaining eggplant.
- Add half the beef to the pan and cook, turning constantly, for 2 minutes or until golden and cooked to medium. Transfer to a plate and repeat with the remaining beef.
- Dollop some hummus onto each plate, then top with the mixed leaves, eggplant, beef and olives. Serve with the lemon wedges.
Recipe extracted from The CSIRO Low-Carb Diet Quick & Easy by Professor Grant Brinkworth and Dr Pennie Taylor. Available now, Macmillan Australia, RRP $34.99.